People were discussing items on the bus.
I thought I would do some research on them.
The Emancipation Proclamation was issued on January 1, 1863
Total Abolishment of Slavery December 18, 1865 (13th Amendment)
History of Right to Vote.
- Birth – 1868 (14th Amendment)
- Race, color, or previous condition of servitude – 1870 (15th Amendment)
- On account of sex – 1920 (19th Amendment)
- In Washington, D.C. – 1961 (23rd Amendment)
- Who are 18 years of age or older – 1971 (26th Amendment)
The voting rights & Civil Rights Act are not the same.
The Civil Rights Act was enacted July 2, 1964.