If you’ve ever had the pleasure of driving on I-80 near York, NE you’ve seen the balloon. I like it.
My name is Vernon J,
I woke up at 04:30 & was on the road at 05:00.
I didn’t have a good breakfast, I’ve driven almost 584 miles.
Today if I ‘text’, say, or tweet anything. I can’t be held responsible for those actions.
SO please be patient.
They tell us sometimes that if we had only kept quiet, all these desirable things would have come about of themselves. I am reminded of the Greek clown who, having seen an archer bring down a flying bird, remarked, sagely: “You might have saved your arrow, for the bird would anyway have been killed by the fall.”
Elizabeth Cady Stanton (1815–1902), U.S. suffragist, social reformer, and author. As quoted in “Common Sense” Applied to Woman Suffrage, ch. 1, by Mary Putnam Jacobi (1894).
Said on May 7, 1894, at a mass meeting during the 1894 Woman’s Rights Convention in New York City. Stanton was referring to successes of the women’s rights movement, which included the securing of independent property rights for women and of personal rights in contracts and business.
From York, NE to North Platte it was drizzling & foggy. No snow though.
I’ve met with 1 person & another. ~50% success rate.
I’m on my way to North Platte, NE today.
Meet with some important people & some community partners.
I had a good night, longer than expected.
I’ll be home tonight.
The word of the day is bedaub which means to smudge over; to besmear or soil with anything thick & dirty.
Have a GREAT day.
- Good Morning & Happy Monday from Vernon J & ‘the family’ (@ Headquarters of Vernon 3.0 & Beyond) http://4sq.com/g86olq #
- My BMI was 22.55 & NO weight change, My Wii Fit Age is 27!!! Yeah!!! #
- Today is Monday! We ALL know that Vernon J of Vernon 3.0 & Beyond <3’s Monday’s.Happy Monday to everyone & may the sun shine on you. #
- No matter HOW hard I try, I can’t wear two pairs of underpants. #
- It’s 06:36 & I’m already to go. #
- My day has started. (@ Metro Midtown Transit Center) http://4sq.com/fIndKi #
- @ControlledChaos So far. Where is one such as yourself posting from today? #
- A new truckload of cow juice has arrived at the La La plant. #
- Time to do my part. (@ Food Bank for the Heartland) http://4sq.com/fD7FF7 #
- What is today’s American Dream? http://t.co/VBeJ9j7. I have my health, a job, & good friends. I’m livin the dream. # Continue reading “Twitter Updates for 2011-03-29”