February is the second month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian calendars. It is the shortest month and the only month with fewer than 30 days. The month has 29 days in leap years, when the year number is divisible by four (except for years that are divisible by 100 and not by 400 in the Gregorian calendar). In common years the month has 28 days. Leap year birthdays are usually celebrated on the 28th in a non-leap year. Some believe that February originally had 29 days (30 in a leap year), but that idea was invented by Sacrobosco during the Middle Ages.
Trivia About February –
* February begins on the same day of the week as March and November in a common year, and on the same day of the week as August in a leap year.
* Sweden had a 30 February in 1712.
* February in the Northern Hemisphere is the seasonal equivalent to August in the Southern Hemisphere and vice versa.
* February’s birthstone is amethyst.
* February’s birth flower is the violet or primrose.
* The Chinese floral emblem of February is the peach blossom.
Personal Goals This Month:
Go to Karaoke @ The Crescent Moon – It is Usually Saturday Nights
3 dates or the equivalent
Homemade Peach Pie (YUMMY)
One More Goal to be Determined – By the first respondent, please make it doable within 28 days. NO humping penguins.
***Start doing Pilates, I ordered the tape on the 3rd. The tape should be here in 4-14 Business Days.***